Sunday, August 18, 2019

Zen and the 1600's

No, this isn't a history lesson, although if someone does one on the subject please contact me and I will link to it.

I mentioned in my last post that I am attending Meredith this week.  I have already received my syllabus for 2D design.  I had to create a pinterest board for the lessons we will be doing.  The first set of pins are for zentangles.  We will be using this to create a design.  I am excited about the project.

So I was pinning zentangles, when I came across this picture...
Click pic to be taken to The Creative Point.

I had not really thought about it before I saw this picture, but the concept of zentangles is similar to Jacobean design from the 17th century.  I find this very interesting.
This to me is what NoLimitArts is about.  Combining different techniques and mediums.

Click on the picture for the source and a brief commentary on different stitches used within the design.



Sooo excited about what you may be seeing this year in my Etsy shop!


Cultivating Creativity,
Dora


No comments:

Post a Comment