Friday, November 16, 2018

As of late...


... trying to catch up on a few things I've been up to.  It's hard to capture all my moments but I will share a few that I have.

Below is an embroidery I created with the sketch option in my Premier+ Ultra software.  I found a picture of a grouse that I really liked and sketched over it.  It is challenging to use on a computer unless you have Bamboo.  I use to have one, but when it quite I didn't buy another and am looking to trying my software on the iPad Pro which is built for professionals and supports CAD programs, so I am told.  The iPad Pro has a stylus that I LOVE.  There where a lot of stops and starts with this design, however I had to trouble with it.  It is NOT for sell in the Etsy shop.  The design was not free for commercial use.



 In September (I think, lol, time flies!) the girls and I went to Pineapple Fabrics with a friend of theirs.  We had a great time and we even tale gated!  My daughter packed a chicken salad lunch (which was great with corn chips if you have to do gluten free!).






While there we ran into a friend so we all headed
to Starbucks for coffee.  I regret not getting a 
picture with her in front of the huge chest of drawers on the outside of the building that Starbucks was 
located in.







This is a picture my daughter Eva drew with her Copic markers she's been investing in.  They are a little pricey, but the results were well worth it.  For that matter so is the paper for it. 














 I created the vinyl folder for her to keep her copic paper in on one side and the other side for her finished pieces.  This was so quick and easy.  I cut 2 vinyl pieces to the size of the paper and added 1/4" for paper thickness on all sides.  I then cut a piece an inch taller than the other two pieces of vinyl.  Next bias binding was added to the top of the shorter pieces.  All three pieces where then sandwiched together and bias binding sewn around all three layers.  I used plastic clips to hold the layers while sewing on the binding and top stitched with a straight stitch although for a brief (very brief)  moment I thought about using  something decorative.














Create what you love!



No comments:

Post a Comment