Friday, January 12, 2018

Simple but cute and DONE!

I am one of those people that have lofty ideas on doing things for people and only getting a tenth done.  Aside from procrastination and having the dough to accomplish my goals, I am a perfectionist.  I have accepedt this over the last year or two and will put up with certain things just to get it out there.  Still with me?  (I actually had someone think I was calling them stupid because of this phrase, however I just mean I don't always complete my thought and don't know if I've lost someone because of it :).  

Although my husband has always encouraged me sometimes his ideas are loftier than mine.  He thought I could get 12 pin cushion trash cans done in 2 days, with not even having fabric on hand!  But it's great to know he thinks I'm Super Woman :).  

So on to the simply but cute and done...

I made little needle keepers for my Wednesday sew group.
I used cork for the outside (first time working with it and love it!)
The inside is wool felt from the Felt Pod.  Awesome felts!
I used silver metallic thread for the stitching.




 Moving the wool out of the way, you can clearly see where the metallic thread looks messy. I embroidered six cases at once and the lettering is one of the smallest in my program.  Metallic may not have been the best choice for small letters; however, the front looks great.  Metallic is so finicky to work with especially in small spaces.  I did take this into account when I designed the Deer Antler embroidery design.  Maybe use cork on the inside and box it with thread?  Maybe with a glue?  Well, whatever I do it will be more perfect! ;) 




Last but not least I put some cork back to back and sewed it with metallic thread and a 3.5 or 4.0 stitch length (I use both lengths often) to create key chains.  Easier to store unfinished until you have an event or just need to give a little gift.


So I hope you don't hold the imperfections of a perfectionist against me.



No comments:

Post a Comment